The month of February marked the entry of revolutionary, iPad. It has been a much awaited innovation from Apple’s farm. There are indeed a lot of techno possibilities with iPad. However, iPad should not be confused with the ultimate gadget on the earth.
There are finer sets of capabilities that are not in-built within an iPad. Let us explore what iPad is not:
- iPad could become the communication czar but not yet. The device is primarily meant for users who are on the move. Features like camera and video chat are not possible in the current versions.
- It cannot replace laptops and desktops so soon. A lot would depend upon the how comfortable is the on-screen keypad. Would users require a stylus or the keypad is indeed revolutionary? Only time will tell.
- Would you use an iPad to make phone calls? Indeed it sounds strange. It looks to be too bulky when one thinks of comparing it with size of an iPhone or any other smart phone. iPad does support GSM and EDGE and it would be interesting to see hoe users manage conversing on iPad.
- Although entertainment options and listening to music can be an ultimate experience in itself, the option of listening to radio is not possible in an iPad
- Flash applications cannot be played upon in an iPad
Apple seems to have strategized the iPad launch. Consider what if they offered all features in an iPad, who would have bought iPhone or Mac? May be the next versions of iPad incorporate camera and other digital support but there is a serious possibility that it might not happen at all.
There would be a tactics conflict if Apple makes iPad a media richer and top-notch device. Much credit should go to Apple’s CEO, Steve Jobs who has been able to sell the idea of iPad in the arena of ‘lean is in’.
No related posts.