Tired of sitting around waiting for you iPad to sync because you forgot to add that extra playlist, or for that matter wishing you had a quick way to take movies and rip them to your iPad? With Xilisofts’ iPad Magic, you now finally have that answer. iPad Magic allows you to take information on a CD or DVD, whether it be images, music, or even movies and easily convert and transfer to your iPad in the most efficient manner while retaining the best quality files. (it also supports other devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch, and previous iPod models, like the classic and 1st through 5th gen iPods.)
It also allows you take take off whatever essential data you put on in the first place, which may not sound like much, but if you ever lose your data or delete a file or two it’s nice to know that iTunes won’t be holding you back anymore from just taking the song back from where you put it. If you want to, which is another sell of theirs, you could back up your entire iPad, and know that you can access that data (and it’s not hidden away in an iTunes file as a “back up” unreachable by your mouse clicks.
Loading songs, videos, even photos back and forth is seemless, often times if you’re exchanging just a file or two the process takes seconds and barely even flashes the “syncing; slide to cancel” screen. Compared to sitting around for the minimum minute and a half while iTunes Cycles through everything, it’s a pleasure, and provides more time to actually use the device.
While some of the extra features, & extra apps they have for sale seem a bit unappetizing when you could use freeware equivalents, the quickness and ease of use and bundled utilities that come with iPad Magic make it a nice App to sell (Though I’d imagine they’d sell a hell of a lot more if it was cheaper). [Protip: If you give the app as an iDevice Xsfer, dirt cheap you would probably begin to take over a large bit of market to replace the use of iTunes for users connecting their iPods to.]
Here’s the specifics, in bullet points:
- Works on both PC & Mac, and offers multilingual support
- Transfer files from iPad to PC, and vice versa . Even transfer directly to iTunes if you want.
- Transfer Music, Photos,, Even Video from DVDs & CDs. (No BluRay support I’m guessing)
- Convert files from M2TS, MTS, AVI, MP4, MPEG-4, MPEG, WMV, DAT, TS, MPV, NSV, M4V, to MOV, QT, H.261, H.264, MP3, AAC, WMA, AAC, AIF, AIFF, AC3.
- Supports All iPad models.
- Supports: iPod nano, iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod shuffle; iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4. (iOS 4 & 4.1 too!)
- Preview files, as well as edit data within the file like name, artist, and their rating (the stars)
and yes, it supports Jailbroken iPads just fine.