EDIT: This was intended to be an April Fools Joke.. and Doesn’t work. BUT, We are working hard to put a real ipad 2 jailbreak together, so stay posted. If you would like to receive an email notification when we have a working ipad 2 jailbreak, leave a comment and say so.
A jailbreak is an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch hack that allows users to customize, download, and make full use of their device. Jailbreaking your device gives you access to certain apps that are only available in Cydia. It also gives you the chance to “mod” your device. For a complete experience on your Apple device, jailbreaking will do the thing. Here are the simple and easy steps on how to jailbreak your iPad 2:
- Make sure your iPad 2 is updated to the new iOS 4.3
- Download redsnow for your Mac or PC using these 2 links
- Mac: Redsn0w_mac_0.9.6b4.zip
- PC: Redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4.zip
- Make sure your iPad 2 is off and plugged into your Mac or PC
- Open redsnow and click install cydia
- After you hit the next button, redsnow’s guide will walk you through the processing
- Once the process is done, your iPad 2 will restart and install cydia
- After this completed, you are sure to have your iPad 2 jailbroken
- Wait for installation to complete and launch your iPad 2
- Now you can customize your iPad 2 in any way you like
NOTE-This is a tethered jailbreak only. This means that every time you want to run your jailbroken apps, you must plug it into your Mac/PC.